2016 General Terms & Conditions
The following are general terms and conditions governing advertising published in AFAR Magazine, published by AFAR Media.
1. Advertisers may not cancel orders for, or make changes in, advertising after the closing dates of the Magazine.
2. The Publisher is not responsible for errors or omissions in any advertising materials provided by the advertiser or its agency (including errors in key numbers) or for changes made after closing dates.
3. The Publisher may reject or cancel any advertising for any reason at any time. Advertisements simulating the Magazine’s editorial material in appearance or style or that are not immediately identifiable as advertisements are not acceptable.
4. All advertisements are accepted and published in the Magazine upon the representation by the agency and advertiser that they are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof and that such publication will not violate any law or infringe upon any right of any party. In consideration of the publication of advertisements, the advertiser and agency will, jointly and severally, indemnify, defend and hold the Publisher harmless from and against any and all losses and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) arising out of the publication of such advertisements in the Magazine, including, without limitation, those arising from claims or suits for defamation, copyright or trademark infringement, misappropriation, violation of the Lanham Act or rights of privacy or publicity, or from any and all similar claims now known or hereafter devised or created.
5. In consideration of the Publisher’s reviewing for acceptance, or acceptance of, any advertising for publication in the Magazine, the agency and advertiser agree not to make promotional or merchandising reference to the Magazine in any way without the prior written permission of the Publisher in each instance. The following are general terms and conditions governing advertising published in AFAR magazine, published by Publisher.
6. No conditions, printed or otherwise, appearing on contracts, orders or copy instructions which conflict with, vary, or add to these terms and conditions or the provisions of the Magazine’s Rate Card will be binding on the Publisher and to the extent that the Terms and Conditions contained herein are inconsistent with any such conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall govern and supersede any such conditions. The Publisher has the right to insert the advertising anywhere in the Magazine at its discretion, and any condition on contracts, orders or copy instructions involving the placement of advertising within an issue of the Magazine (such as page location, competitive separation or placement facing editorial copy) will be treated as a positioning request only and cannot be guaranteed. The Publisher’s inability of failure to comply with any such condition shall not relieve the agency or advertiser of the obligation to pay for the advertising.
7. The Publisher shall not be subject to any liability whatsoever for any failure to publish or circulate all or any part of any issue(s) of the Magazine because of strikes, work stoppages, accidents, fires, acts of God or any other circumstances not within the control of the Publisher.
8. Agency Commission (or equivalent): 15% (where applicable to recognized agents) of gross advertising charges after earned advertiser discounts.
9. Invoices are rendered on the first business day of the “on- sale date” month of the Magazine. Payments are due within 20 days from the billing date. The Publisher reserves the right to change the payment terms to cash with order at any time. The advertiser and agency are jointly and severally liable for payment of all invoices for advertising published in the Magazine.
10. Any and all negotiated advertiser discounts are only applicable to and available during the period in which they are earned. Rebates resulting from any and all earned advertiser discount adjustments must be used within six months after the end of the period in which they were earned. Unused rebates will expire six months after the end of the period in which they were earned.
11. Special advertising production premiums do not earn any discounts or agency commissions.
12. All agreements for advertising frequency or multi-platform discounts are conditioned on (a) the agreed number of advertisements being published within the specified period and (b) all invoices being promptly paid. In the event of Advertiser’s cancellation of any portion of the agreed order, or failure to have published and paid for the specified number of advertisements, any rate discount will be retroactively nullified, including previously published advertisements, and a short rate (the difference between the rate charged on the contracted frequency and the higher rate based on the reduced frequency of advertisements actually published and paid for) will apply.