Afar Media, an experiential travel company, is searching for an organized, pro-active, professional Accounting Clerk to assist in various accounting related tasks and coordinate office operations to ensure maximum organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Accounting Clerk will be a highly visible role that will report directly to our Director of Finance. This role will identify and strengthen accounting processes as well as provide administrative support to various departments.
- Entry of A/P invoices and T&E reports with proper coding and approval.
- Maintenance of Travel and Entertainment System, Nexonia.
- Verify accuracy and maintain all records related to employee T&E.
- Verify accuracy of Boostr entries and ensure receipt of contracts.
- Reconcile bank accounts and other G/L accounts
- Responsible for creation and accuracy of A/R Invoices for magazine and digital advertising.
- Assist in cost tracking and review of prepaid accounts
- Distribute and track corporate credit card statements
- Manage and monitor corporate cell phone plans to add/delete features
- Respond to A/P and A/R inquiries from internal staff
- Preparation and Verification of tax forms W-9, W-8 and 1099-misc.
- Administer customer collections and provide reporting to Director of Finance
- Maintenance of all A/P files and filing system.
- Distribute of office mail and manage our office supplies
- Coordinate work orders with building management at our SF office.
- Ad Hoc reporting for manager and CEO.
- Miscellaneous Office management duties.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- At least 2 years working experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Must have experience working in Quickbooks
- High degree of organizational capabilities
- Self-directed, and proactive
- Strong desire to learn more about our business and grow with Afar.