AFAR Media, the leading experiential travel media company, is looking for a Technical Digital Ad Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be familiar with requirements for enabling programmatic operations and ad serving and be able to understand technical aspects of new and emerging technology platforms and recommend solutions. They have a strong understanding of Ad Product. They will be able to plan, build, execute, implement, and report all of digital advertising, all direct sold programs, Audience Extension programs, PMP, Automated Guaranteed, and programmatic on AFAR.com.
We are looking for someone who has an eye for efficiency, and always questioning how we can make things better, faster, and easier. They should enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And, of course, they should love to travel! They will work closely with the sales and marketing team to ensure that campaigns are executed perfectly, and client goals are always met. The candidate will report to the Director of Ad Operations. The role requires use of Google Ad Manager and GPT tagging, Google DV360 and AdXchange, Google Analytics, JIRA, Basecamp, trafficking, managing, and tracking campaign delivery, testing and QA of creative, reporting and optimization.
- Oversee campaign executions, including program launch, creative scheduling, media delivery, optimization and campaign reporting.
- Serve as technical support lead for all campaigns.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing and Media Planner in creating robust media plans and to provide campaign wrap up reporting offering client insights and recommendations for future campaigns
- Direct communication and consultation with advertising clients on complex and/or sensitive matters that extend beyond routine operational support. This may include conversations regarding capabilities, policy/term conflicts, or resolution of serving errors.
- Oversee and project manage the planning and implementation new products pertaining to authentication and ad targeting as well as work with external vendors to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Work directly with our design and tech teams to QA and implement ad product solutions and custom builds.
- Manage all third-partner vendor relationships including: contract execution, implementation and any day-to-day management.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering departments to support new ad product direction and implementation. Work cross-functionally with Product Management and Sales Development to roll out products. Manage all experiments and result reporting. Manage all tickets and stories in JIRA. Analyze, manage, iterate, and track the continued success of all production features.
- Monitor site statistics, impressions delivered, viewability percentages, CTRs., etc.
- Build, maintain, improve and provide guidance to the trafficking team, proactively upon Operations processes, procedures and systems that improve client service and help the company achieve its goals.
- Manages the QA, maintenance, and optimization of third-party ad networks and exchange campaigns.
- Lead daily Ad Operations stand-up meetings.
- Support marketing and sales team with day-to-day operational concerns as needed.
- 5+ years digital ad ops experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent of work experience
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional problem solving skills
- Goal oriented with strong willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Ability to understand site ad functionality, including knowledge of all ad products available on AFAR.
- Highly autonomous, self-directed and independent in both work and learning
- Experience leading a team is a plus
- Negotiation skills including the ability to demonstrate diplomacy when negotiating with internal teams and external clients
- Must learn quickly and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Has exhibited strong skills in Microsoft Office especially in Excel
- Highly proficient in industry leading third party ad servers
- Experience with programmatic