AFAR Media is looking for a data analyst to own metrics and provide insight and guidance to our busy, innovative marketing team. AFAR’s focus is on growth and revenue and the marketing data analyst is a key role in helping us achieve success in these areas. We’re looking for someone to identify, instrument, and gather data for partner marketing campaigns, organize it in a meaningful way for internal users, optimize ongoing campaigns for maximum reach, and help tell the story of AFAR’s impact to our partners and clients.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to understand the goals of each partner’s marketing campaign, translate them into metrics, and implement measurement before launch
- Help the marketing and sales teams use data to tell clear stories demonstrating the impact of AFAR’s custom content and other innovative programs
- Build self-service dashboards and ad-hoc reports to show the performance of various marketing tactics, site sections, and editorial products.
- Use multiple data sources to develop clear insights about AFAR’s audience profile and behavior for use by advertisers, partners, and internal team members
- Develop, implement, analyze, and report on A/B tests to maximize campaign performance. Translate performance data into actionable insights, and helps the team learn from each project
- Conduct broader market research on the travel and media industries to provide valuable insights to partners and clients and situate AFAR’s offerings within the industry
- Collaborate with the ad operations and audience development teams to extract advertiser data and campaign performance metrics
- Tackle complex and ambiguous analytic projects: resolve ambiguity as much as possible in all stages, comfortably shift between various tools to answer complicated questions, and accurately identify trade-offs and ROI
- Collaborate with Data Analytics Manager to coordinate metrics reporting and data storage for consistency, clarity, and efficiency across the organization
- 3-5 years in a consumer-focused, quantitative role
- Media experience strongly preferred
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for the business.
- Strong communicator adept at presenting complex data and your findings in a contextual and relevant way to non-technical stakeholders across the company
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, A/B testing frameworks, Excel, and data visualization tools required
- Experience with developing, implementing, and reporting on A/B tests
- Experience with SocialFlow and Sailthru and Ipsos valued
- Understanding of how user tracking works, sampling and statistical significance
- Passionate about travel and great travel content; an embrace of our vision of helping drive consumers from inspiration to action.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- No hesitation in rolling up your sleeves and tackling something hands-on