AFAR Media is looking for a dynamic Director of Finance and Accounting to join it’s growing team. A leader in travel media, seeks an individual to assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company. You’ll be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation and profit and loss reporting. You’ll use analytics to derive strategic insights that will enhance business growth and operations. Developing relationships with various teams in the company is essential to your success. This position reports directly to the COO and is located in San Francisco.
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the media company for you. At AFAR our employees step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
- Deliver on time and accurate monthly financial statements that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Perform month-end duties including journal entries (and supporting schedules) and accruals
- Distribute monthly P&L reports to all departments and prepare variance analyses
- Manage company cash flow and provide ongoing reporting and forecasting to the CEO and COO
- Lead the drafting and updating of policies, procedures, and process for the accounting department
- Provide analysis and financial recommendations that support short-term and long-term business objectives
- Prepare reporting and dashboards for executive team and investors, as needed
- Lead the annual corporate budget process and ongoing forecasts
- Provide guidance to all departments related to T&E budgeting
- Manage and update financial model and five year outlook on ongoing basis.
- Manage Staff Accountant and overall billing process
- Responsible for treasury functions of A/P and cash management
- Use analytics to assist in sales territory assignments, goals, TE management, compensation plans, and cost of sales analysis.
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on daily requests such as contracts, purchase orders, ad hoc requests
- B.A or degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 6+ years of accounting or business experience, online/media experience highly desired
- Ability to develop and maintain financial models
- Highly accountable with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…), CRM (Salesforce, Boostr, etc) and accounting software (QuickBooks and/or NetSuite)
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.