Who We Are
Do you want to work at a company that embraces quality, passion, innovation, openness and fun? Do you like to travel?
If your answer is yes, then we have a role for you.
AFAR is looking for an extraordinary IT Manager to lead and scale our entire
IT infrastructure while delivering elite desktop support. You will primarily manage IT systems and network infrastructure, implement technological solutions to support operational needs and future growth of the company. You on-board new employees, provision hardware, provide hands-on support, and adhere to security standards for all AFAR employees.
We provide our employees an environment in which they can contribute from day one, while providing opportunities for learning and growth. You can learn how our engineering team operates, what tech stack they use to build our platform, or even how our digital platform works.
AFAR is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone as determined as we are who will thrive in our fast-paced and exciting environment. If you crave constant direction and predictability, this is probably not the company for you. At AFAR our team members step up, step in, take ownership and wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
What You’ll Do
You will be a hands-on technical leader, working with our team and assisting our employees via in person walkup, support tickets, email and chat. You will manage day-to-day IT support operations for our San Francisco HQ and our New York office, build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, lead IT initiatives and act as final escalation for critical issues.
Who You Are
You understand office culture and the importance of maintaining strong relationships with internal customers, business partners and other team members. You have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting and are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible while mentoring others and driving best practices.
- Provide timely resolution of problems and act as final escalation point for team and customers to management
- Manage and report on allocation of IT budget
- Assist with inventory budgeting, purchasing, approval and management to support operations
- Build and manage relationships and costs for vendors, subcontractors and 3rd party providers
- Independently own and simultaneously drive multiple IT projects
- Develop and implement IT policies and best practice guidelines for the company
- Improve business productivity and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing technology solutions
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Troubleshoot hardware and applications, provide technical support and problem solving
- Support security standards (antivirus, firewall, patching, two-factor authentication, access)
- Maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity, system access & security within policy
- Conduct regular system audits
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Operations or IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience leading support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 10
- Strong network fundamentals and support experience (network configs, VPN, printing, etc)
- Knowledge of desktop security tools and best practices
- Experience supporting VOIP systems
- Expert in Microsoft Office 365 support and administration (Outlook, Exchange, Active Directory, etc.)
- Strong Video Conference and presentation support skills, preferably with Google Meet and Zoom
- Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
- LDAP and Active Directory experience
- Google Super Admin Experience
- Mobile Device Management (MobileIron or Airwatch) Admin knowledge
- Slack admin, G-Suite admin, Jira & Confluence, OKTA or SAML knowledge
What We Offer You:
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and marketing.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on a project that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we recommend content based on interest relevancy? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing team members through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Occasional travel to our satellite office in New York City. We also have annual company offsite event where we get together to celebrate for our successes and recharge!
- Annual stipend for personal travel.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and huddle for a quick standup every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.
- Our offices are closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day, because we want everyone to enjoy their holidays!
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply.