AFAR Media is looking for an SEO Specialist to help increase audience size, user engagement, and improve products. Successful candidates will be proactive and detailed with strong creative and analytical skills. This role will be part of AFAR’s audience development team and is a great opportunity to gain and refine SEO and content strategy skills.
- Identify SEO-friendly content opportunities – both refresh and new, with our digital edit calendar in mind.
- Collaborate with our editorial team to incorporate SEO opportunities into our digital editorial content lineup.
- Track and report on all SEO keyword targets, as well as monitor performance by page template.
- Assist editors with SEO optimizations and provide quarterly trainings on best practices.
- Manage and track our internal and external backlinking strategy.
- Identify duplicate or thin content on AFAR.com and coordinate their optimization or removal with our engineering team.
- Track SEO performance for our competitive set and report on trends regularly.
- Stay on top of Google algorithm changes, relaying relevant information to the editorial, engineering and audience team as needed.
- Help drive AFAR’s overall SEO strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism or Business, or equivalent experience
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and collaborative
- Comfortable handling all aspects of SEO Optimization, from keyword research to content development
- Able to draw conclusions and best practices from large amounts of data
- Prior exposure to working in the SEO space for a media company
- 2-5 years of experience in digital publishing
- Familiarity with SEO tools – a working knowledge of SEMRush, Google Search Console, and Google Analytics are a plus
This position is based in midtown NYC, but we are open to having the right candidate work out of our San Francisco office.