Afar, an experiential travel company, is searching for an organized, productive, professional Staff Accountant to assist in various accounting related tasks to ensure maximum organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Staff Accountant will be highly visible role that will report directly to our Director of Finance. You’ll identify and strengthen accounting processes as well as provide administrative support to various departments.
- Entry of A/P invoices with proper coding and approval.
- Verify accuracy of Boostr entries and ensure receipt of contracts.
- Responsible for creation and accuracy of A/R Invoices for magazine and digital advertising.
- Respond to A/P and A/R inquiries
- Assist in cost tracking and review of prepaid accounts
- Distribute and track corporate credit card statements
- Maintenance of Travel and Entertainment System, Nexonia.
- Assist in monthly close process.
- Administer customer collections process and provide reporting to Director of Finance.
- Ad Hoc reporting for manager and CEO.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks
- At least 4 years working experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite(Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience working in Quickbooks
- High degree of organizational capabilities
- Productive, Self-directed, and proactive
- Strong desire to learn more about our business and grow with Afar.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirement to email@example.com